Vimeo, like YouTube, is a video-sharing platform with more than 1.58 million worldwide subscribers. It comes with some excellent features, including video downloads within the app.
However, you cannot always download every Vimeo video, and thus, you need a third-party tool to do the same. Continue reading to learn about how to download Vimeo videos for unlimited viewing.
1. Can You Download Vimeo Videos Offline?
If you stream Vimeo content for free, you won’t find the download option with many videos. Even if you have a paid account, you may still be unable to download them. However, there is a download option in the app. If you aren’t able to see the download button, it is because of two reasons –
● The creator or uploader has not allowed it for privacy reasons.
● You may have to upgrade to Vimeo Pro or Plus, or Business to find that download button
Now that we are clear on the above, here’s how to download Vimeo videos offline.
● Go to the website or download the Vimeo app.
● Open the app, log in, and search for the video you want to download.
● Click and open the video and look for the ‘Download’ option or button.
● Choose the quality of the download and wait for the download to finish.
Remember that not all Vimeo videos are available for download, and you may have to rely on third-party tools.
2. How to Download Vimeo Videos with StreamFab YouTube Downloader?
Now that we know we’d need another means of Vimeo video download, the YouTube video downloader from StreamFab is a professional tool. With over 80 million users and 100 million downloads, this software is undoubtedly the first choice of regular streamers.
So, how to download Vimeo videos with this downloader? Check out the steps below to learn about the same.
● Download the software from StreamFab’s official website (it supports both Windows and Mac versions).
● Open the software, create your account, and log in to access the downloader.
● Once you are logged in, select ‘YouTube’ on the left side of the homepage.
● You will then see Vimeo on the right side of the page.
● Log in to your Vimeo account from there and find the video you want to download.
● Play the video and you will see a popup window like the one below.
● Now click on the ‘Download Now’ button to initiate the download procedure.
● Once the download is finished, you will find the video under the ‘Downloaded’ tab.
3. Why Choose StreamFab YouTube Downloader?
You can find many third-party downloaders online, but none will provide you with the safety and security of the StreamFab YouTube Downloader. Besides, it has some spectacular features you will not find in other alternatives.
If you are intrigued to learn more about it, here are some reasons why you should choose StreamFab over other software.
● Download from more than 1000 websites
Apart from Vimeo, this software is also your answer to how to download YouTube videos, and videos from over 1000 other websites, including, Instagram, Facebook, and more! Now, you can download videos, listen to music, and enjoy watching online concerts with just one downloader.
● Automatic detection of video streams played in the built-in browser
The software’s in-built option can automatically detect video streams. However, it only supports downloads from websites with M3U8 (non-cryptic) technology.
● Download videos in HDR and VR 360 degree
Technology is growing fast, so most websites and devices support VR 360-degree and HDR videos, and YouTube and Vimeo are no exception. You can download these videos without losing their charismatic HDR and VR feature – yes, you can enjoy the original video on your device!
● Up to 8K video output in videos and up to 320 KBPS in audio
With the StreamFab YouTube downloader, you can decide on the output video (up to 8K) at the time of downloading. You can also choose the quality to be 4K, 2K, 1080p, etc. In the same way, one can choose up to 320 KBPS audio.
● Direct downloads into mobile phones, desktops, tablets
The software also has an Android streaming downloader app that allows downloading music and videos from the same websites supported by its Windows counterpart. So, you can enjoy your favorite content anytime and on any device you want. Besides, it also comes with playback capacities to enhance your experience.
4. Are There Any Other Alternatives?
There are several other tools and software to download Vimeo videos, but since we cannot mention them in one place, here are some popular ones.
4.1 Chrome extension
With the chrome extension ‘Vimeo video download,’ you can save embedded video on your device with a single click. Here’s how to do it.
● Go to the chrome web store and download the Vimeo video downloader.
● Once it’s added to the browser, go to Vimeo and search for the video you want to download.
● Find the video and click ‘Download’ at the bottom.
● Select the resolution and click the pop-up of the extension to start downloading the video from the list.
The main drawback of this tool is that it can download low-resolution videos.
4.2 Use recording software
Many recording software available such as Adobe Audition, FL Studio, Audacity, Ableton Live, etc., are currently available in the market. Most recording software works similarly, so let’s take the example of video solo screen recording to understand how to record your favorite Vimeo video.
● Play the video you want to download.
● Launch the software and select the ‘Video Recorder’ option.
● Choose the microphone sound, system sound, etc., before clicking the red option on the right.
● Click the stop button to stop the recording and click ‘Save.’
● Your video will be recorded.
Even though recording software is an excellent approach to downloading and saving videos, it also has an identical drawback – you will lose the HD resolution.
Final Wrap Up
As discussed, there are several ways to download Vimeo videos, but the StreamFab YouTube downloader is undoubtedly the best. It comes with features one cannot find in other software, so make sure to give this YouTube video downloader a reasonable and fair chance.