Nintendo announced today that a remastered version of Chrono Cross will be hitting consoles and PC later this Spring.
“Follow the story of Serge, who stumbles into another world and learns of the connection between his existence and the future of his planet,” developers said in a press release. “A classic time-bending tale of adventure and friendship, featuring one of the largest and most diverse casts of playable characters of any RPG. With over 40 potential party members, each character brings their own element affinity and unique skills. Additionally, “RADICAL DREAMERS – Le Trésor Interdit -“, a text-based adventure video game released for Satellaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.”
Developers said Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will feature updates including:
- 3D models converted to HD
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
It was notes that the game’s 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will be launches on consoles and PC on April 7.
Players will also have the chance to purchase a music box from the Chrono Concert series merchandise line. The CHRONO CROSS Music Box Chrono Cross -Scars of Time- music box will release in October. You can view it on the Square Enix store here.