French Open champion Iga Swiatek stays firmly on the head of the brand new WTA rankings launched on Monday, over 4000 factors forward of quantity two Anett Kontaveit.
The 21-year-old Pole has held the highest spot for the reason that shock retirement of Australian Ashleigh Barty on the finish of March.
The one change within the High 20 sees Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka, overwhelmed in Sunday’s last at ‘s-Hertogenbosch by the Russian Ekaterina Alexandrova, take fifth place from Maria Sakkari.
Neither Sabalenka nor Alexandrova can be at Wimbledon, the third Grand Slam occasion of the 12 months, as Russian and Belarusian gamers have been barred from competing following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
No WTA rankings factors, nonetheless, can be awarded for the occasion.
WTA rankings as of June 13, 2022 (gamers representing Russia and Belarus are banned from competing below the identify or flag of Russia or Belarus till additional discover):
1. Iga Swiatek (POL) 8631 pts
2. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 4511
3. Paula Badosa (ESP) 4245
4. Ons Jabeur (TUN) 4150
5. Aryna Sabalenka 4145 (+1)
6. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4075 (-1)
7. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 3678
8. Jessica Pegula (USA) 3255
9. Danielle Collins (USA) 3255
10. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 3060
11. Emma Raducanu (GBR) 2975
12. Darya Kasatkina 2765
13. Cori Gauff (USA) 2756
14. Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 2642
15. Leylah Fernandez (CAN) 2605
16. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) 2596
17. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 2585
18. Angelique Kerber (GER) 2474
19. Victoria Azarenka 2330
20. Simona Halep (ROM) 2196
Get the most popular sports activities information straight into your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Each day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, hearken to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Name 896 6000.
For suggestions, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.